Monday, May 16, 2011

Bible Verses

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6 (NIV)




For Mother's Day, Josie's school had a Mother's Day Tea.  The children sang and danced, and then we had punch and cookies (in very sophisticated style).  Instead of singing traditional "I love mommy" songs, however, the children memorized Bible verses and sang them to music.  BRILLIANT.
  

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16 (NIV)




Its hard (for me anyway) to memorize Scripture.  I have a few token verses in my back pocket that I pull out whenever I need them, but I'd love to have a whole arsenal.  This was a great way to begin children on verse memorization.  I was BEAMING proud of Josie.  

No comments:

Post a Comment