Tuesday, January 24, 2012

5 Years Old

Five years ago, a little tiny babe was given to us.  I'm pretty sure, at that time, I thought that nothing could've been better than that day.  Except now I realize that every day since then has been equally as good.

I remember asking another mother (a coworker at the time) only days before I had Josie if it was going to really be 'THAT different'.  I was looking for some comforting words (i.e. "You'll be fine." or "You'll do great.").  Although the idea of having a cute little baby bump was fun/exciting, the idea of having a baby was becoming a bit overwhelming.  My friend looked at me, smiled, and politely said, "Your life will never be the same."  I wanted to cry.  What had I gotten myself into?



Fast forward five years, and she's right.  My life has NEVER been the same.  The priorities change, the time it takes to get everyone ready for an event changes, what you fix for dinner changes, etc, etc, etc.   But its a change I would make one thousand times again and again.


Another change?  When a little girl asks if she can ride her brand new bicycle inside on her 5th birthday because its raining outside, your first thought is "Absolutely not, you'll ruin my floors."  But instead you burst with pride at the little girl you carried as part of you for 9 months and say, "Sure honey."


Happy birthday to my little 5 year old Butterbean.  You're as beautiful inside as you are on the outside.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment