Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Ski Trip!

As a kid, my dad had a saying...."A family that skis together, stays together." Picking one recreational activity to do together was a big deal to him, and he picked skiing (although as kids we pretty much did everything as a family).  Anyway, I'm very proud to carry on his tradition with my little ones.  


This past weekend we took a gamble and tried to go to the NC mountains to ski.  As you can see in the picture above, it was really a gamble because the snow has been horrible this year.  Luckily they had one pretty cold night last week and were able to blow a bit of snow (but there was no extra....only on the slopes).  It was good enough to stick to one green all day with 3 and 5 year old kids.  


After a little bit of whining after the first couple of falls, Josie picked up on it beautifully.  She skied by herself pretty much all day.  She would follow the leader (either Dave, myself of BobBob) down the hill in her pizza wedge position.  



And Wes did a great job too just staying out on the hill.  We'd either have to use your poles or hand to hold on to him cause he didn't really understand how to make the pizza wedge to slow himself down.  Also, I don't know if I'm more proud of my 3 and 5 year old or my 60 year old mother who stuck with it all day (with the kids, which is 100 times harder than actually skiing).


At the end of the day, we had some tired kids.  When we finally MADE Josie get off the hill she said, "Momma, my legs don't feel good."  I think it might be the first time she's actually been sore.  But they LOVED skiing, which I'm sooooo happy about.  Cause after all, a family that skis together, stays together, right Pops?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment